Information for Graduate Students
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate a mastery of advanced chemical engineering concepts. (All students - Ph.D., M.S. thesis, M.S. non-thesis, and BS/MS)
2. Effectively communicate scientific concepts and/or research results in both written and oral formats to scientific and general audiences. (All students - Ph.D., M.S. thesis, M.S. non-thesis, and BS/MS)
3. Demonstrate the ability perform independent research on an original topic in chemical engineering. (Ph.D. and M.S. thesis students)
4. Demonstrate the ability to critically identify and solve research problems, summarize disciplinary information, evaluate research findings. (Ph.D. and M.S. thesis students)
5. Demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to safe and ethical behavior through adherence to best safety practices and academic integrity principles. (All students - Ph.D., M.S. thesis, M.S. non-thesis, and BS/MS)
6. Demonstrate the ability to serve as a STEM ambassador through outreach and service activities. (All students - Ph.D., M.S. thesis, M.S. non-thesis, and BS/MS)
Director of Graduate Admissions
The Director of Graduate Admissions (DGA) recruits and serves as the first point of contact for prospective graduate students.
Director of Graduate Studies
The Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) is an advocate for graduate students and graduate student success. The DGS advises incoming students, coordinates the research advisor selection process, monitors and tracks student progress, and is a point of contact for graduate program questions.
Department Executive Officer
The Department Executive Officer is the academic administrator the Chemical and Biochemical Engineering department.
Academic Program Specialist
The Academic Program Specialist is a contact for prospective, incoming, and current students. The Academic Program Specialist is a point of contact for anything related to the academic program, website, social media, and administrative odds and ends.
The Department Administrator is a point of contact for anything related to graduate student human resources, finance, travel, and administrative odds and ends.