Information for Incoming Students
Welcome to Biomedical Engineering!
You have submitted a successful application and been admitted to graduate school - Congratulations! Now you may need some information as you start this new journey. Please review the following for help as you are making plans to arrive in the Iowa City/Coralville/North Liberty area. Feel free to send questions to email@example.com. Once you have arrived on campus you will need to get your student ID card, and stop by Engineering Computer Services to activate your College of Engineering computer account (you need to be registered prior to doing this).
Students usually identify laboratories to join during their first year. The Graduate College has many other resources available to review.
Funding Your Education - Grants, fellowships, and scholarships.
Graduate Assistant Job Postings
Graduate Student Union Contract (COGS)
Tuition and Fees - Choose your semester of study, and the Graduate College in the boxes, then the College of Engineering.
Whether you plan to live on campus, off campus, or commute, there are many options available.
Arriving on campus 3 days before your lease starts?
Off Campus Housing
You can find apartments within walking distance or a short bus ride. Some students choose to live as far out as North Liberty and commute.
Parking and Transportation
- U of I Parking and Transportation - Cambus schedules, parking permits, discounted city bus passes, commuter programs.
- City of Iowa City Parking - Review the rules for parking in downtown and residential areas, moped information, map of parking ramps.
- Bicycle Trails - You can ride your bicycle from south of Iowa City through North Liberty on trails, a very bike-friendly community.
Recreation Activities - Make some time for fun!
- Iowa City Recreation Division - Swimming, free gym equipment, arts and crafts studio, dance lessons and more!
- University of Iowa Recreational Services - Intramural sports, a brand new fitness facility, outdoor sports equipment rental. Care to learn sailing?
- Lake MacBride and Coralville Reservoir - Frisbee golf, mountain bike trails, boating, swimming, fishing, camping (with equipment you rented from rec services)!