The Civil Engineering Undergraduate Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
The Mission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) is Education, Research, and Service within a collaborative, welcoming, and intellectually challenging community that benefits the diverse people, infrastructure, and environment of the State of Iowa, Nation, and Planet. Our Department seeks to maintain an environment that enables and encourages our students, faculty, and staff to achieve their best, respects a diversity of opinions and perspectives, and is equitable and inclusive of all.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within a few years of graduation, our graduates will:
- Be productive and contributing members of the civil engineering profession as practitioners, entrepreneurs, researchers, or teachers;
- Be engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas as the field develops;
- Pursue advanced studies if qualified and interested;
- Promote the safety, health, and welfare of the public and environment through professional practice and civic leadership.
The Civil Engineering Program has adopted ABET’s 1-7 student outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
The total enrollment in our undergraduate Civil Engineering program for the 2020-2021 academic year
The total enrollment in our undergraduate Civil Engineering program for the 2019-2020 academic year
degrees in Civil Engineering (BSE) were awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year
Mission and PEO's reviewed, revised and updated Fall 2018. Final adoption on January 23, 2019.