The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering offers the following advanced degree programs:
- PhD/doctoral program: full-time or part-time
- MS: thesis or non-thesis track
- 5-year combined undergraduate plus master’s program (U2G)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00 with a BSE degree in industrial engineering or a related science or engineering discipline
- GRE score is recommended but not required for PhD candidates. GRE Advanced Examination in Engineering is not required for admission. GRE is not required for MS or U2G candidates.
- TOEFL score of 100 is required for international applicants who do not speak English as their native language. Applicants who have completed a post-secondary degree at an English-speaking institution may request a waiver to this requirement. A minimum TOEFL score of 100 is required (higher than the Graduate College minimum of 81). Alternatively, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7.
- Three letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and transcripts are required. All documents will be uploaded to admissions profile after starting application process. U2G applicants only need to submit one letter of recommendation from their prospective advisor.
All applications are screened by the director of graduate admissions (DGA) on a rolling basis, in consultation with the graduate admissions committee and the department executive officer (DEO). Screening of the applicant ultimately determines which applicants will be extended offers of admission.
Students can be accepted with a BS or BA degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, psychology, and other science areas. At a minimum, students with non-engineering bachelor's degrees are expected to have a good knowledge of calculus. Preliminary coursework may be required for students without an industrial engineering bachelor's degree.
Ready to Apply?
Graduate student applications are submitted through the Graduate Admissions website.