The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering offers five scholarship opportunities to undergraduates, available to students who meet qualifying standards.
- Betty Pearl Simon Prize for a graduating senior with interests in a research career.
- Fethke Industrial Engineering Scholarship for industrial engineering students who attended high school in Iowa.
- James and Marie Buck Scholarship for juniors, seniors and graduate students, with an emphasis on human factors and economics.
- Leo Ladehoff Engineering Scholarship for industrial engineering students.
- Lloyd Knowler Quality Engineering Scholarship for a junior or senior, with preference given to those specializing in quality engineering.
Faculty are happy to provide students with help navigating the application process provide letters of recommendation. To apply for these awards and to see a full list of scholarships available through the college, please visit the UI College of Engineering Scholarship Portal.
J.W.Deegan Fund to provide funding for conference travel expenses for Industrial Engineering students.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Undergraduate research funding
The UI Office of Research and Development has multiple opportunities available to intrepid undergraduate students wishing to push the boundaries of their education. The Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates has several opportunities as well.