News & Events
How to give back this holiday season (Dec. 2021): Find a donation drive box near you, volunteer with Toys for Tots, and donate to the United Way! See the link for details and more ideas for giving.
The Engineering Staff Advisory Council consists of four standing committees and ad hoc committees. The council may create ad hoc committees to plan, develop, implement, or investigate activities and projects. Any staff member employed in the College of Engineering may serve on an ad hoc committee.
- Executive: Formulate goals and direction for council, solicit constituent input, and express concerns to and receive feedback from College of Engineering administration, Engineering Administrative Council, Engineering Faculty Council, and Engineering Student Council.
- Bylaws/Policies & Procedures: Review bylaws and policies and recommend revisions, and act as parliamentary advisor in order to maintain productive ESAC meetings.
- Elections: Carry out elections in accordance with the council bylaws and to solicit candidates for vacant seats on the council.
- Staff Awards: Solicit and review nominations, and send recommendations to the Dean for the Mary Sheedy Staff Excellence, Staff Community Engagement, Staff Research, and Staff Student Success Awards
Ad Hoc Committees:
- Engagement and Inclusion: Increase awareness of the College of Engineering’s many people, projects, and centers. We seek to creatively connect with units and individuals within the college to foster a sense of community and collaboration that is inherently difficult to maintain during the challenges we are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to build bridges between the College of Engineering and the broader community, to listen to and support communities who may not have been included or accounted for within current engineering communities or outreach efforts.
- Publicity and Greeting: Promote operations by maintaining active communication outlets and increasing engineering staff involvement; reach out to new staff members
- Sustainability: Increase awareness for and encourage participation in campus sustainability initiatives, and explore new opportunities to reduce the College of Engineering’s ecological footprint.
|Photo||Member Name||Committee Involvement||Email Address||Affiliation||Term Limits|
||Travis Greenlee||Executive (president)
|Travis-Greenlee@uiowa.edu||Seamans Center||July 2020 to June 2022|
|Andrew-Veit@uiowa.edu||National Advanced Driving Simulator||July 2021 to June 2023|
||Joshua Lobb||Engagement and Inclusion||Joshua-Lobb@uiowa.edu||Seamans Center||July 2020 to June 2022|
||Michelle Reyes||Executive (secretary)
|Michelle-Reyes@uiowa.edu||National Advanced Driving Simulator||July 2020 to June 2022|
|Katie Schnedler||Executive (treasurer)
|Katie-Schnedler@uiowa.edu||Seamans Center||July 2019 to June 2022|
||Brian Morelli||Publicity & Greeting
|Brian-Morelli@uiowa.edu||Iowa Technology Institute||December 2020 to June 2022|
||Breanna Shea||Engagement and Inclusion (chair)
IIHR Hydroscience and Engineering
|July 2021 to June 2023|
Engagement and Inclusion
|Kristine-Roggentien@uiowa.edu||National Advanced Driving Simulator||July 2021 to June 2023|
||Cathy Koebrick||Advisor||Cathy-Koebrick@uiowa.edu||Seamans Center||Ex Officio|
||April Tippett||Advisor||April-Tippett@uiowa.edu||Seamans Center||Ex Officio|