News & Events
ESAC Plants Pollinator Garden Outside Seamans Center
The Engineering Staff Advisory Council has installed the ESAC Pollinator Garden on the backside of the Seamans Center. The ESAC Pollinator Garden is the University of Iowa's first project as part of the Bee Campus USA initiative, which commits to reduce pesticides, provide educational opportunities for pollinator conservation, and increase native plantings. Read More.
Join us at the Party After the Parade October 7 at 7P in Seamans Center!
The Engineering Staff Advisory Council consists of four standing committees and ad hoc committees. The council may create ad hoc committees to plan, develop, implement, or investigate activities and projects. Any staff member employed in the College of Engineering may serve on an ad hoc committee.
- Executive: Formulate goals and direction for council, solicit constituent input, and express concerns to and receive feedback from College of Engineering administration, Engineering Administrative Council, Engineering Faculty Council, and Engineering Student Council.
- Bylaws/Policies & Procedures: Review bylaws and policies and recommend revisions, and act as parliamentary advisor in order to maintain productive ESAC meetings.
- Elections: Carry out elections in accordance with the council bylaws and to solicit candidates for vacant seats on the council.
- Staff Awards: Solicit and review nominations, and send recommendations to the Dean for the Mary Sheedy Staff Excellence, Staff Community Engagement, Staff Research, and Staff Student Success Awards
Ad Hoc Committees:
- Engagement and Inclusion: Increase awareness of the College of Engineering’s many people, projects, and centers. We seek to creatively connect with units and individuals within the college to foster a sense of community and collaboration. We want to build bridges between the College of Engineering and the broader community, to listen to and support communities who may not have been included or accounted for within current engineering communities or outreach efforts.
- Publicity and Greeting: Promote operations by maintaining active communication outlets and increasing engineering staff involvement; reach out to new staff members
- Sustainability: Increase awareness for and encourage participation in campus sustainability initiatives, and explore new opportunities to reduce the College of Engineering’s ecological footprint.
|Photo||Member Name||Committee Involvement||Email Address||Affiliation||Term Limits|
||Brian Morelli||Executive (president)||Brian-Morelli@uiowa.edu||Iowa Technology Institute||December 2020 to June 2024|
||Alec La Velle||Executive (vice president)||Alec-LaVelle@uiowa.edu||Driving Safety Research Institute||July 2023 to June 2025|
||Amanda Jensen||Executive (secretary)||Amanda-M-Jensen@uiowa.edu||Chemical and Biochemical Engineering||July 2023 to June 2025|
|Hillary Ramaker||Executive (treasurer)||Hillary-Ramaker@uiowa.edu||Office of Graduate Programs||July 2022 to June 2024|
|July 2022 to June 2024|
||Alyssa Burks||Alyssa-Burks@uiowa.edu||CoE Administration||July 2022 to June 2024|
||Justine Hines||Justine-Hines@uiowa.edu||CoE Administration||July 2022 to June 2024|
||Rosemary Tiwari||Rosemary-Twari@uiowa.edu||IIHR Hydroscience and Engineering||July 2023 to June 2025|
||Joseph Honings||Joseph-Honings@uiowa.edu||IIHR Hydroscience and Engineering||July 2023 to June 2025|
||Kate Dudley||Katherine-Dudley@uiowa.edu||Biomedical Engineering||July 2023 to June 2025|
|Oscar-||Driving Safety Research Institute||July 2023 to June 2025|
||Diane Fountain||Advisoremail@example.com||CoE Human Resources||Ex Officio|
||April Tippett||Advisor||April-Tippett@uiowa.edu||CoE Finance and Operations||Ex Officio|