To honor engineering alumni for their personal contribution toward engineering achievement, leadership, and service to the profession and to society.
Nomination Criteria for Selection:
An individual may be nominated who is a University of Iowa College of Engineering graduate, is living at the time of selection, and has accomplished one or more of the following:
- Made distinguished contributions to the theory and practice of engineering or has demonstrated major accomplishments or guidance in emerging fields of engineering technology, or
- Managed or directed an organization that has made noteworthy national or international contributions in design, construction, production, or service delivery through the application of complex engineering principles, or
- Contributed truly exceptional service to their community, the College of Engineering, the profession, and/or the public.
Nomination Information Requirements:
Nominations should be submitted via this form, including as much of the following as possible.
- Full name, title, address, and telephone number of the nominee
- A record or professional experience and noteworthy accomplishments, especially extraordinary contributions. What has this nominee accomplished that no one else has done?
- Any noteworthy public or professional service accomplishments
- At least one "seconding" letter of recommendation and support for the award
- Any noteworthy awards won by the candidate, along with a description of the criteria for selection or significance
- A résumé, including a list of important contributions, publications, patents, professional experience, and principal technical society memberships and activities.