For the 2022-2023 PowerPlay season, the following grants are available for teams:
Collins Aerospace Team Grants
Any FIRST team with a Raytheon Technologies (including Raytheon, Collins Aerospace, and Pratt & Whitney) employee mentor and/or coach qualifies for a company sponsored team grant. FIRST Tech Challenge come in the form of registration and product grants dependent on the age and needs of the team.
The 2022/2023 application is open and can be found at this link: https://home.rtx.com/Articles/2022/05/11/how-rtx-can-help-you-use-robots-to-build-kids
- Open to Rookie & Veteran teams
- No location restrictions
- Teams must not have paid their registration fee prior to receiving their grant.
- Teams must have an employee mentor/coach
Only Raytheon Technologies employees will be able to access this information. https://home.rtx.com/Articles/2022/05/11/how-rtx-can-help-you-use-robots-to-build-kids
John Deere Team Grants
John Deere and FIRST are together committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion which encourages teams to be more innovative, creative and make better decisions. John Deere encourages teams to support diversity within the teams.
One of the requirements for the John Deere FIRST Team grant is for all coaches, lead mentors with students, to take the free, three-part on-line FIRST Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training, via this link, if not before. This will help your team use the strategies for better recruitment and support.
For a team to be eligible, they must:
- Teams supported by John Deere last season (2021-2022) must submit a John Deere post survey BEFORE submitting a grant request for 2022-2023.
- Teams must be associated with a school (public or private), or a 501(c)(3) non-profit in the U.S.
- Although not required, a preference will be given to teams that have a John Deere confirmed mentor or request a John Deere mentor with the grant request.
- Eligible teams:
- Teams need to be located within a 40 mile driving distance from the nearest John Deere office (in Iowa, that would include the areas of Des Moines, Dubuque, Paton, Ottumwa, Quad Cities and Waterloo).
- Alternatively, teams can apply for a grant in any US location if they have a John Deere employee committed to actively (40 volunteer hours or more) supporting their team in-person or virtually for the 2022-2023 regardless of location.
The makeup of the active students on the team must meet one of the following criteria:
- 50% or more underserved based on low income. This is based on the % eligible for free and reduced lunch for school or non-profit overall.
- 50% or more underrepresented in STEM which includes Hispanix/Latinx, Black/African American/ and girls or identify as LGBTQ+.
- Rural teams, as classified by NCES, as Rural District (42) or Rural - Remote (43)
- The application deadline for FTC team grants is Sept. 23, 2022
For more information, including the application link, please visit the John Deere Inspire website.
BAE Team Grants
FTC teams who are eligible to apply for BAE grants are those who:
- Are located within 70 miles of BAE systems Site. (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Teams with BAE mentors
- Teams with existing relationships with BAE systems.
- Teams who demonstrate diversity in STEM
- Teams with Title 1 schools
- Teams with high needs (more than 50% free/reduced lunch rates)
- Teams made up of 50% underrepresented populations in STEM (women, BIPOC and Latinx students, youth with disabilities)
- Teams with exemplary community outreach to underrepresented populations.
- Deadline to apply: Teams are recommended to apply by August 21. However, the deadline is 11:59pm EST on Sept. 22, 2022.
For more information, including the application form, please visit the BAE FTC Grant application website.
FIRST Rookie Grants
For teams within Canada, the USA and Mexico, the FIRST Tech Challenge Rookie grant will give an awarded rookie team $750 in funding that they can use towards their registration fee as well as towards product in the storefront.
This grant is needs based, and the application process is designed to determine if applicants qualify for this support.
The application is live and will be updated on the website soon. Until then, if you have teams looking for funding help they can access the application with this direct link: https://usfirst.submittable.com/submit/225112/2022-2023-first-tech-challenge-rookie-team-grant
REV Robotics Team Grants
REV is awarding $100,000 in total sponsorship to FTC & FRC teams. Ideal candidates are teams who excel on the playing field while being model members of their local FIRST community through outreach and sharing their knowledge with others.
Application window: July 19, 2022-September 13, 2022.
For more information about the REV grants, please visit their website.