Preparing for an event can be a factor with how well your robot and team perform at an event, especially a qualifier or championship event. The best way to practice for a tournament is to attend a "non-tournament event", which include scirmmages, workshops or skills driving events"
To prepare your team for an event
- Review the Game Manual. It is important to read the game manual several times prior to the event.
- Review the FTC Forums. The FTC Q&A Game Forums have the most-up-to-date information about changes to the rules.
- Polish the Engineering Portfolio. Is your team documenting their experience properly? If you have any questions or would like to see a great engineering notebook, check out the Engineering Portfolio page.
- Review the FTC-Iowa Cancellation Policy. This policy details reasons that events may be canceled (weather, illness, etc.)
- Iowa Consent form will need to be completed for all coaches, mentors and students of your team.
For easier inspections, teams are to do a self-inspection prior to the event. Teams can download a Hardware & Software Inspection checklist from the Game Manual (Part 2) and bring it to the event and show the inspectors. A complete list of "robot rules" can be found in the Game Manual Part 1.
At the Event
- Closed-toe shoes. Students will be asked to change shoes if they are not wearing closed-toe shoes.
- Safety glasses. Bring your safety glasses. We cannot provide safety glasses for all of the teams and volunteers.
- Print out of consent forms from FIRST Dashboard
- Gracious Professionalism. An important aspect of participating in FTC.
- Engineering Portfolio. Don't forget!