About Engineering Tutoring
Engineering Tutoring provides FREE group tutoring to students taking foundational and core courses in the Engineering curriculum. Engineering Tutoring is staffed by undergraduate students who have been successful in their assigned courses.
Starting the second week of each semester, Engineering Tutoring is offered Sunday-Thursday 6:00-9:00pm in 3612 SC. To access tutoring, you will first sign-in using your Iowa One Card or HawkID/password. After that, one of our receptionists will direct you to the tutor(s) for your subject(s) of interest. Engineering Tutoring is a drop-in service where you can come and go throughout the evening, collaborate with your peers, and engage with the tutoring staff. We encourage you to have your notes, class materials, and questions available while the tutors move throughout the space. Come alone or with a friend - we are happy to have you!
In addition to in-person services, our staff also record review videos for the courses we tutor. We encourage you to watch the review videos and use drop-in tutoring for additional questions. The video reviews are located on the Engineering Tutoring website.
Students enrolled in our supported courses will receive additional information throughout the semester. If you are experiencing any challenges related to accessibility, please contact the Engineering Tutoring team at email@example.com.
Location: 3612 Seamans Center
Hours: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Sunday - Thursday
Important Dates - Fall 2023:
First Day of Tutoring: Sunday, August 27
Tutoring Closed: Sunday, September 3 – Monday, September 4 (Labor Day); Sunday, November 19 – Sunday, November 26 (Fall Break)
Last Day of Tutoring: Thursday, December 7
Assistance available for the following subjects:
Principles of Chemistry I and II
Introductory Physics I and II
Engineering Math I – V
Introduction to Engineering Problem Solving
Statics, Electrical Circuits, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics, Materials Science, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
Engineering Tutoring - Exam Reviews
Engineering Tutors created a selection of review videos that focus on content typically covered on mid-term exams. Videos can be accessed using the links below. Students will be prompted to login with their HawkID and password to access the UI Capture videos. Closed captioning is included as an option for videos and was created using an automatic generator. As always, we encourage students to use these exam review videos as supplementary material to the course materials and the support provided by our tutors. Be sure to visit us at tutoring Sunday-Thursday 6:00-9:00pm for more assistance.
Engineering Tutoring Exam Reviews - HawkID & Password Required
- MATH:1550 – Engineering Math I – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:1560 – Engineering Math II – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:2550 – Engineering Math III – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:2560 – Engineer Math IV – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:3550 – Engineer Math V – Engineering Tutoring Review
- CHEM:1110 – Principles of Chemistry I – Engineering Tutoring Review
- CHEM:1120 – Principles of Chemistry II – Engineering Tutoring Review
- PHYS:1611 – Introductory Physics I – Engineering Tutoring Review
- PHYS:1612 – Introductory Physics II – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2110 – Statics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2120 – Circuits – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2130 – Thermodynamics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2510 – Fluid Mechanics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2710 – Dynamics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2750 – Mechanics of Deformable Bodies – Engineering Tutoring Review