Engineering Tutoring provides FREE group tutoring to students taking foundational and core courses in the Engineering curriculum. Engineering Tutoring is staffed by undergraduate students who have been successful in the courses they tutor.
Starting the second week of each semester, Engineering Tutoring is offered Sunday-Thursday 6:00-9:00pm in 3612 SC. To access tutoring, you will first sign-in using your Iowa One Card or HawkID/password with one of our Receptionists who will direct you to the tutor(s) for the subject(s) you are seeking assistance with. This is a drop-in service where you can come and go throughout the evening, collaborate with your peers, and ask questions to the Engineering Tutors. We encourage you to have your notes, class materials, and/or questions readily accessible after sign-in while the Engineering Tutors float throughout the tutoring space. Come alone or with a friend - we are happy to have you!
In addition to our in-person tutoring services, our staff also record Engineering Tutoring video reviews for the courses we tutor. We encourage you to watch the review videos then use drop-in tutoring for questions you may have. More information is included below including links to the posted review videos for each course.
Location: 3612 Seamans Center
Hours: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Sunday - Thursday
Important Dates - Spring 2022:
First Day of Tutoring: Sunday, January 23
Tutoring Closed: Sunday, March 13 - Sunday, March 20 (Spring Break)
Last Day of Tutoring: Thursday, May 5
Assistance available for the following subjects every night (unless otherwise noted):
Principles of Chemistry I and II
Introductory Physics I and II
Engineering Math I – V
Introduction to Engineering Problem Solving
Statics, Circuits, Thermodynamics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, Materials Science, and Fluid Mechanics
Engineering Tutoring - Exam Reviews
Engineering Tutors created a selection of review videos that focus on content typically covered on mid-term exams. Videos can be accessed using the links below. Students will be prompted to login with their HawkID and password to access the UI Capture videos. Closed captioning is included as an option for videos and was created using an automatic generator. As always, we encourage students to use these exam review videos as supplementary material to the course materials and the support provided by our tutors. Be sure to visit us at tutoring Sunday-Thursday 6:00-9:00pm for more assistance.
Engineering Tutoring Exam Reviews - HawkID & Password Required
- MATH:1550 – Engineering Math I – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:1560 – Engineering Math II – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:2550 – Engineering Math III – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:2560 – Engineer Math IV – Engineering Tutoring Review
- MATH:3550 – Engineer Math V – Engineering Tutoring Review
- CHEM:1110 – Principles of Chemistry I – Engineering Tutoring Review
- CHEM:1120 – Principles of Chemistry II – Engineering Tutoring Review
- PHYS:1611 – Introductory Physics I – Engineering Tutoring Review
- PHYS:1612 – Introductory Physics II – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2110 – Statics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2120 – Circuits – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2130 – Thermodynamics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2510 – Fluid Mechanics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2710 – Dynamics – Engineering Tutoring Review
- ENGR:2750 – Mechanics of Deformable Bodies – Engineering Tutoring Review