READ THE COLLEGE VIEWBOOK
Fall 2021 Direct Admissions Requirements for Incoming First-Year Engineering Students
Meet the Regent Admission Index (RAI) score equivalent of 265 or higher; and:
- Have a high school GPA of 3.33 or higher, and
- Meet the high school course requirements.
- Note: Students entering in Fall 2021 may be admitted without an RAI if they don't have an ACT or SAT score.
It is highly recommended that applicants for admission to the College of Engineering have:
- One year (or more) of high school physics;
- One year (or more) of high school chemistry;
- Grades of A or B in all math and science courses.
Students meeting the engineering admission requirements are admitted directly into the College of Engineering. Students can choose to study whichever engineering major they're interested in and can switch majors easily if their interests change. There is no "weed-out" philosophy in Engineering@Iowa ... we focus on providing our academically stellar students with resources and support to meet the academic challenges of earning an engineering degree.
Why Become an Engineering Student?
Engineering students are provided incredible resources and opportunities designed to enhance their success, including all of the following:
- Enrollment in professor-taught engineering classes from the first semester on, including a required Engineering Success course.
- Free tutoring in calculus, chemistry, physics, and core engineering classes.
- Opportunity to live on-campus in the People in Engineering (PIE) and/or the Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) living/learning community.
- Access to and advising by engineering faculty and staff members.
- Workshops and seminars designed to enhance understanding of the field of engineering, professional opportunities, and strategies for success.
- Engineering Career Services to assist students with all aspects of professional development including engineering career fairs, resume-writing, interviewing skills, and connecting students with employers who are seeking top engineering talent.
- 24/7 access to the Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts & Sciences, the 330,000 square-foot engineering building, which houses classrooms, computer labs, faculty offices, research labs, the Lichtenberger Engineering Library, the Hanson Center for Communications, the Fethke Rooftop Terrace, faculty offices, tutoring, student organization events, napping pods, and more.
Engineering Programs at Iowa
Interested in Joining the College of Engineering?
Look at the list below for key contact information.
Contact Jane Dorman, Director of Admissions and Student Life at email@example.com or at 319-335-5769.
Contact April Tippett, Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Megan Allen, Engineering Registrar, at email@example.com or at 319-335-5768.
Contact the Admissions Visitors Center by calling 319-335-1566.