IIHR--Hydroscience & Engineering has published its Winter 2015-2016 edition of Currents, an annual publication that reviews the people, research
programs, and accomplishments of the College of Engineering's world-renowned center for education, research, and public service focusing on hydraulic engineering and fluid mechanics.
This edition of Currents includes features on:
- A perspective from Larry Weber, director of IIHR, on new research plans and strategies for the research institute
- A new resource that provides water-quality data with the click of a mouse
- Studying prairie potholes of the northern Great Plains
- How researchers uncover an extraordinary fossil deposit near Decorah, IA
- How clean water and sanitation equals a lifetime of better health
- Monsoon harvest: saving water for a not-so-rainy day
- Managing Iowa's groundwater
- How Iowa Flood Center experts take flood research to the next national and international level
- Improving life for people with asthma and COPD
- Connie Mutel's book, Flowing Through Time
To read the on-line, interactive edition of Currents, go to http://www.pageturnpro.com/University-of-Iowa-College-of-Engineering/71100-Currents,-Winter-2015-16/index.html#1.