The application deadline has been extended to Wednesday, November 18!
The DEI Council will award up to twelve $500 scholarships during the fall 2020 semester, to be awarded in the spring semester of 2021. Applications are due November 18. This tuition and fees scholarship is open to all undergraduate students promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion activities in the College of Engineering. To apply, students must provide either a Letter of Recommendation from a faculty or staff person or provide a self-nomination. As an example, the letter of recommendation or self-nomination could describe your activities as a MESA tutor, or member of a student organization, or any other activities related to the promotion of Diversity, Equity, and/or Inclusion in the College of Engineering.
At the end of the Qualtrics application (see link below), you will be asked to upload your letter of recommendation or self-nomination, accepted only in PDF format.
The letter of recommendation or self-nomination should provide:
- A description of the activities in which you intend to participate or organize to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion goals in the College of Engineering,
- Who is the audience the activities will impact, and
- What results do you hope to see following the activity.
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- The activities must take place during the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 semesters.
- You must be a registered student in the spring 2021 semester to be eligible for the scholarship.
- You agree to provide a short final report and photos (if applicable) following the end of the activity.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 319-335-5614.