The DEI Council will award up to twelve $500 scholarships during the fall 2021 semester, to be awarded in the spring semester of 2022. Applications are due December 3 (deadline extended).
This tuition and fees scholarship is open to all undergraduate students promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion activities in the College of Engineering. To apply, students should provide either a self-nomination statement or a Letter of Recommendation. For example, the letter of recommendation or self-nomination could describe your activities as a MESA tutor, or member of a student organization, or any other activities related to the promotion of Diversity, Equity, and/or Inclusion in the College of Engineering.
At the end of the Qualtrics application (see link below), you will be asked to upload your letter of recommendation or self-nomination, accepted only in PDF format.
The letter of recommendation or self-nomination should provide:
- A description of the activities in which you intend to participate or organize to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion goals in the College of Engineering,
- Who is the audience the activities will impact, and
- What results do you hope to see following the activity.
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- The activities must take place during the Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semesters.
- You must be a registered student in the spring 2022 semester to be eligible for the scholarship.
- You agree to provide a short final report and photos (if applicable) following the end of the activity.
Questions can be directed to ENGR-DEI-Council@uiowa.edu.