Engineering Admission Requirements
To be eligible for direct admission into the College of Engineering as a first-year student, you must:
- Meet the Regent Admission Index (RAI) score equivalent of 265 or higher;
- Meet the high school course requirements.
It is highly recommended that applicants for admission to the College of Engineering have:
- At least one year of high school physics;
- At least one year of high school chemistry;
- Grades of A or B in all math and science courses.
Students who are not admitted directly into the College of Engineering will be admitted to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences with a designation of “Engineering (Interest)” and may apply to the College of Engineering after completing prerequisite coursework.
We highly encourage prospective students to join us for one of our many campus visit opportunities to see all that the College of Engineering has to offer.
Data on Fall 2023 Engineering Students
- All engineering undergrads = 1706 students
- 28% women
- 18% under-represented minority students